Monday, December 12, 2011

Beautiful Morning Statements !





The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.

~   Ann Landers, born 1918


There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world, 
and that is an idea whose time has come.

~   Victor Hugo


Instead of always harping on a man's faults, tell him of his virtues.
Try to pull him out of his rut of bad habits. 
Hold up to him his better self, 
his real self that can dare and do and win out.

~   Eleanor Portert


Self-respect is the root of discipline : 
The sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself.

~   Abraham Joshua Heschel


Handle them carefully, 
for words have more power than atom bombs.

~   Pearl Strachan Hurd


The first thing I do in the morning is to make my bed 
and while I am making up my bed 
I am making up my mind as to 
what kind of a day I am going to have.

~   Robert Frost


We need a renaissance of wonder. 
We need to renew, in our hearts and in our souls, 
the deathless dream, the eternal poetry, 
the perennial sense that life is miracle and magic.

~   E. Merrill Root