Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Moody Morning Light

I rose just as the gentle light
Was seeping from the skies,
I gazed out on the rooftops
Sipping creamy coffee..
And let out a little sigh...

Oh, the early dew of morning
Drifting softly past my view...
The moody fog of daybreak
Pillows a-wash in the sky
As I pondered there of you...

I prayed you would be blessed
For God's will to open up each day,
Your steps not be unknown
But His footsteps up ahead
To lead the way.

I imagined you held in the awareness
That He is always there,
No stark trees to block your mind
Inhibiting the joy
Of His goodness and His care.

I saw the truth of His gentle words
Blowing shadows from your path,
And that secret twinkle
Shining in the fog
As His love burning in your heart.

Source : Soft Whispers just for you from Derry's Heart Poems © 2005