Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Good Morning Friends !!!

I'm reading more and dusting less. I'm sitting in the yard and admiring the view without fussing about the weeds in the garden. I'm spending more time with my family and friends. I am getting that project at work going - the one that is last priority for everyone else but excites me nonetheless.....

I'm not 'saving' anything for later; so now I use my Mont Blanc pen to doodle and not just to sign important cheques. Use the good china and crystal not just for a special event but just to have dinner with the family. I wear my good suit to the meeting with my team and not just when the client visits. I'm not saving my good perfume for special parties, but wearing it for clerks in the hardware store and tellers at the bank. 'Someday' and 'one of these days' are losing their grip on my vocabulary. If it's worth seeing or hearing or doing, I want to see and hear and do it now.

It's those little things left undone that would make me restless if I knew my hours were limited. Restless because I hadn't written certain letters that I intended to write one of these days. Angry and sorry that I didn't tell those that I love often enough how much I truly love them. I'm trying very hard not to put off, hold back, or save anything that would add laughter and luster to my life.

And this morning when I opened my eyes, I told myself that - this day - it is special. Make your today special too.

- Author Unknown