Thursday, April 03, 2008

Empowering Quotes to Start Your Day

There are two ways of exerting one's strength:
one is pushing down, the other is pulling up.
~ Booker T. Washington

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most
intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.
~ Charles Darwin

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
~ Confucius

Nothing is more endangered in the modern world than the powerful
combination of hard work toward meaningful goals joined with an
exuberant embrace of the present moment.
~ Tom Morris

A childlike man is not a man whose development has been arrested; on the contrary, he is a man who has given himself a chance of continuing to develop long after most adults have muffled themselves in the cocoon of middle aged habit and convention.
~ Aldous Huxley